Next Nerd Nite will be November 15th! This one will be a collaboration with the Carnegie Science center. Once a month they do 21+ nights to have access to everything without having to fight with children to see the exhibits. Their next one is November 15th and we’ll be doing a Nerd Nite series right in the middle!
You can RSVP on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/735654620180212/
and view their website for additional details and tickets:
Three important notes:
1) We are not selling separate tickets. It’s part of the 21+ night ticket. This also means coming to 21+ night doesn’t mean you have a reserved seat for our show since the auditorium will not fit everyone. When you get to the science center be sure to check in with them about when doors will be opening.
2) Because of the change in venue, rather than getting new speakers we will be using three we have had before. One will be giving a new talk, but if you came to our July 25th event you have already seen two of these. However, if you didn’t we called back some crowd favorites so it will be a great show!
3) We will still be doing a networking ice breaker afterwards! It will be trivia based on the talks and there will be prizes! However, it will not be in the same auditorium like it is at Spirit. We’ll announce what room to go to next at the end of the show if you’d like to play!
So without further ado, the three talks that will be happening are:
- BS in SPACE: An Astronomical Adventure Through Cosmic Misinformation: Ralph Crewe, Program Development Coordinator and host of SNaQ (Science News and Questions) podcast
- Chinese Marriage Markets: A Guide on How to find your Adult and Woefully Single Child a Spouse: Nicolette W.M. Wong, Pitt Anthropology PhD Student and Oxford trained Sociologist
- Computer Vision, Artificial Neural Networks, and How the Brain can Inspire A.I.: Rorry Brenner, Robotics Research Scientist and Nerd Nite coordinator
And as always, we're on the lookout for new speakers! If you have a topic you're passionate about and would like to give a talk please reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org