There’s been a Heisenberg sighting at the Science Center. Tread lightly and explore the chemistry of one of the greatest television shows of all time! It’s a “Dead Freight” kind of night so call Saul (and a babysitter) for a night out at Pittsburgh’s most-visited museum!
Your ticket includes:
- See explosive chemical reactions in action in the Works Theater show, “Breaking Science.”
- Walt and Jesse attempt to dissolve organic matter inside a bathtub using hydrofluoric acid. Explore the effects of acid on organic matter.
- Walt builds a mercury oxide battery to jump start the RV when he and Jesse were stranded in the desert. Learn how to create a homemade battery and car chargers.
- Hank finds out firsthand the dangers of over-carbonating his Schraderbräu craft beer. Discover the effects of carbonation in homebrewed beer.
- Walt and Jesse drive a magnet-equipped truck alongside a wall outside the evidence room erasing computer hard drives and sending evidence across the room. Test magnetic forces from a distance.
- Brock came across the toxic lily of the valley plant. Identify plants and berries you should not touch or eat.
- Plus, check out four floors of engaging exhibits, enjoy some beverages and more at our mad scientist party!
Once you have purchased tickets, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. To obtain your event wristband, show your Photo I.D. at the ticket counter when you arrive.
Sponsored by TribLIVE and Green Mountain Energy.
About Science After Hours: Gather your friends for an adults-only night at Carnegie Science Center. The museum is reopened after 5 pm for a themed party with adults 21 and older. With no kids around, expect deeper science content, riskier experiments, and more!